Power of media-rich listings
When searching for businesses,consumers use mapping products 44% of the time.
On average, 41% of theseplace searches result inan on-site visit.
Listings with photos anda virtual tour are twice as likelyto generate interest.
Virtual Tour in Businesses with search listings are:
Study details, see more
Quantitative market research wasconducted in July 2015 by an independentmarket research firm to understand theimpact of virtual tours on increasingconsumers’ interest in local businesses(specifically in booking a reservation ata hotel or restaurant).
- An online survey was conducted with consumers who had searched online for a restaurant Virtual tour and Menu AR for Restaurant or hotel within the previous 30 days (using any device).
- A total sample of 1201 respondents was collected between July 21st and August 2nd, 2015.
- Different versions of a local business listing (one for a hotel, the other for a restaurant) were created to include basic info, photos and/or a virtual tour (the same media were used to create each version).
- Respondents were asked to view one of the following different versions for each business (in a randomized order). Each respondent viewed:• 1 hotel listing + 1 restaurant listing; and• 1 listing with a virtual tour + 1 listing without a virtual tour.Note: Presentation of alternate listings were randomized evenly and consistently throughout field.
- After viewing each listing, respondents were instructed to rate their interest in booking a reservation.
- Ratings for alternate listings (with a tour versus without) were aggregated to understand impact of virtual tours on interest in the featured business.